FurretMS 15k/10k/5
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Xin's GameMistress Application
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyTue Sep 15, 2009 6:45 pm by Legacy

» ~~~ Hyper's GM Application ;D ~~~
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:51 am by Xin

» Ergoth bug
goodbye without joining?\: EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:58 pm by Legacy

» Computer crashed... Gone for a while x____x
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 pm by Flora

» Reza`s [GM/CODER] App
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 9:22 pm by Legacy

» 1st general chat post; Email me when non-hamachi.
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:00 pm by iYou

» Looking for a Hoster
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 4:27 pm by Furret

» goodbye without joining?\:
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:51 pm by Legacy

» My FurretMS banner
goodbye without joining?\: EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:50 pm by Legacy

goodbye without joining?\:

+2
Stacey
iYou
6 posters

Go down

goodbye without joining?\: Empty goodbye without joining?:

Post  iYou Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 pm

so..
heard sever might be hamachi...
and at night ill be asleep and at school
ill be at school to...
so i practically cant be on:\
and if the server goes hamachi..
no way
hamachi is REALLY bad...
iYou
iYou

Back to top Go down

goodbye without joining?\: Empty Re: goodbye without joining?\:

Post  Stacey Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:00 pm

Don't worry, I hate hamachi too
Stacey
Stacey

Back to top Go down

Post  Flora Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:40 am

Everyone dislikes hamachi.
the problem is, it's either hamachi or no server.
Unless we find a reliable source that can maintain the server 24/7, then we're stuck with hamachi.

Flora

Back to top Go down

Post  Stacey Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:06 am

Well, no one really LIKES hamachi; I understand that.
Its annoying, and all the hamachi programs are asdfghjkl;
But everyone already knows that; or at least, they should.
The tendency for people to leave when its hamachi is much greater; for instance, today, I actually booted up my hamachi (which LAGS like no tomorrow, I have no idea why, XP can suck Hamachi's ass) and after browsing through all the channels, there was a grand total of 12 people. Busy, I know. =/

And half of the littler kids (but I'm sure they're technologically advanced nowadays, but still...) don't get it so they just leave; or they get frustrated and just go.

However, by using hamachi, Nexon is less likely to send Sam death threats; and as well, the server can be maintained (which brings up the next question - Sam's poll on whether FurretMS should be on limited server time OR hamachi)

Hamachi is just a personal preference. Actually, no, the general public just likes the non-hamachi-ed servers because its less work (more like, the general populous is lazy to click a couple more buttons and as well as other things) which is why they have a greater maple population.

Edit: USUALLY the developer needs to host to server, mainly because he's the main coder and all updates are patched through by him. There isn't another way but for Sam to host it - and he probably is one of the few people whose 4 grand computer can actually host this big beast of a MMORPG without a death lag or a power outage for his entire block.

Last edited by Stacey on Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : see edit.)
Stacey
Stacey

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyper Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:06 am

Stacey wrote:Well, no one really LIKES hamachi; I understand that.
The tendency for people to leave when its hamachi is much greater; for instance, today, I actually booted up my hamachi (which LAGS like no tomorrow, I have no idea why, XP can suck Hamachi's ass) and after browsing through all the channels, there was a grand total of 12 people. Busy, I know. =/

And half of the littler kids (but I'm sure they're technologically advanced nowadays, but still...) don't get it so they just leave; or they get frustrated and just go.

However, by using hamachi, Nexon is less likely to send Sam death threats; and as well, the server can be maintained (which brings up the next question - Sam's poll on whether FurretMS should be on limited server time OR hamachi)

Hamachi is just a personal preference. Actually, no, the general public just likes the non-hamachi-ed servers because its less work (more like, the general populous is lazy to click a couple more buttons and as well as other things) which is why they have a greater maple population.

Edit: USUALLY the developer needs to host to server, mainly because he's the main coder and all updates are patched through by him. There isn't another way but for Sam to host it - and he probably is one of the few people whose 4 grand computer can actually host this big beast of a MMORPG without a death lag or a power outage for his entire block.

Wow Huge Wall of text
Hyper
Hyper

Back to top Go down

Post  iYou Wed Aug 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Stacey wrote:Well, no one really LIKES hamachi; I understand that.

People like non-hamachi servers not because it's less work mostly because...
-It's not there computer(parents won't let you)

-Afraid of viruses and keylogger(I have NO idea if thats true...)

-Or just to lazy to click some buttons and wait for installation.

Smile
iYou
iYou

Back to top Go down

Post  Furret Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:06 pm

I really Wish i could be Non-hamachi I hate it as much as everyone but There's only one way and that would to be on my own internet and My dad is still against it because He said computer games shouldn't be the focus of my life and I think it should be because one day i want to create my own game I think my dad doesn't like me to spend so much time on the computer Ugh I tried telling him my own interent isn't much for me as it is for everyone that plays my server But whatever I'll figure out a way
Furret
Furret
Admin

https://furretms.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  iYou Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:36 pm

hope you do):
iYou
iYou

Back to top Go down